Prestbury tennis club has a thriving Junior section of approximately 200 members. We have a comprehensive coaching and social tennis program to suit all levels, from absolute beginners through to performance level. Activities are broken down into appropriate age groups including Mini-Tots (age 3+), Mini-Tennis Players (age 4+) and Juniors (age 11-18).
- Junior Teams –Each year we enter boys and girls and mixed teams into the Junior North East Cheshire League and AEGON. Team practices are held on Saturday afternoons during the Spring term. We also enter teams into local cup competitions, i.e. The Youatt Cup and The Monkhouse Shield.
- Junior Competitions and Events – Competitions and events are run year round within the club. Also, external tournaments are available to our Junior members. Please click here for more details.
- Junior Noticeboard -The Junior noticeboard is located inside the clubhouse and contains information regarding teams, practices, social events and much more.
- Junior Club Night – Junior Club Night is held each Friday during the summer season:
3.30-5.00pm for Junior Primary players (School Years 4-6 who play orange/green/yellow ball)
5.00-6.30pm for older Juniors (High School/Sixth Form ages)
This is a fun, sociable evening including organised tennis games with our Head Coach plus table tennis and more inside the clubhouse.
- Junior Academy/Holiday Camps/Coaching – Coaching is available all year round either in group squads or individual lessons. For Autumn 2016 Coaching Timetable, please go to the following pages:
External Junior Tennis Activities:
LTA website –www.lta.org.uk For lots of information about tennis, including ratings of players and tools to find and enter local matches.
North East Cheshire Junior Lawn Tennis League www.jnecl.com